vendredi 19 mai 2017

"I love Dick" by Chris Kraus

Quatrième de couverture:

When Chris Kraus, an unsuccessful artist pushing forty, spends an evening with a rogue academic named Dick, she falls madly and inexplicably in love, enlisting her husband in her haunted pursuit. Dick proposes a kind of a game between them, but when he fails to answer their letters Chris continues alone, transforming an adolescent infatuation into a new form of philosophy.

Blurring the lines of fiction, essay and memoir, I love Dick is widely considered to be the most important feminist novel of the past two decades. With fans as diverse as Lena Dunham, Sheila Heti, Kim Gordon, Leslie Jamison, Zoe Pilger, Tavi Gevinson and Alexa Chung, it is still essential reading; as relevant, fierce and funny as ever. 

Where to find it: Wordery

Mon avis:

Je bosse pour une boutique de livre en ligne et quand j'ai vu le nombre de commandes que nous avons vendu pour celui ci je me suis dit que j'allais essayer... Et j'ai trouver le nom rigolo aussi xD 

Malheureusement je l'ai vite regretter. 
Ce livre es tellement horrible qu'il m'a fallu 1 mois pour terminer la première partie. 

Ce couple passe la nuit chez "Dick" et quand ils voient qu'il es partit le lendemain Chris n'es pas contente, devient accro et n'arrête pas d'en parler à son mari. Sylvère (le mari) propose à Chris d'écrire à Dick pour essayer de la soulager de sa colère. Mais une lettre deviens 2 puis 3 puis 20... ils décident aussi de l'appeler et enregistre les conversations. 

Ils harcèle ce pauvre Dick et je me suis vraiment senti très mal à lire ce livre. 
J'ai eu l'impression de faire parti du harcèlement. C'est pour cela que j'ai décider de mettre fin à cette lecture. 

Je ne le conseil pas du tout. 
J'ai vu par contre que cela à été adapter en film sur Amazon Prime avec Kevin Bacon. Je ne vais pas le regarder car 1) je n'ai pas Amazon Prime xD et 2) Je ne veux pas replonger dans cette histoire. Mais si vous tomber dessus par hasard (ou pas) faites moi savoir de vos impressions. Je suis curieuse. 

In English:

I work for an online bookshop and when I saw the number of orders we had for this book I thought I'd try... And I found the title funny as well xD 

Unfortunately I regreted it really quickly.
This book is so horrible it took me a month to finish the first part.

This couple spend the night at "Dick"'s place and when they see that he is gone in the morning Chris is mad and can't stop talking about him.Sylvère (her husband) proposed that she writes a letter to Dick as it might calm her down. But 1 letter becomes 2 then 3 then 20... They also try to call him and reccord the conversations. 

They are harassing the poor Dick and I felt really bad reading this book. 
It felt like I was part of the harassement. This is why I decided to stop reading it. 

I'm not advising you to read it. 
I also seen that it has been adapted into a film on Amazon Prime with Kevin Bacon. I am not going to watch it because 1) I don't have Amazon Prime xD and 2) I don't want to go back into that story. But if you watch by mistacke (or not) let me know what you think. I'm curious.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire